Key Challenges Identified
- Lack of knowledge by the community on the existence of the Clinic Committees (CC) and its role
- Lack of communication between facility and community regarding challenge.
- How to lay a complaint, besides Suggestion Box
- Patients did not get the medication they needed.
- Delay of Ambulance services for emergencies
- Inadequate Clinic Equipment
- Beneficiaries treated disrespectfully by administrative staff.
- Long waiting time.
Follow Up on 6 October 2015
Clinic Committee: Caregivers explained the role of the committee to clients. But the committee is still inactive and not fulfilling its function.
Communication: No progress made.
Medication: Stock-outs persist.
Ambulance service: Problem persists. Priority is given to emergency cases.
Equipment: Scale was provided. Need to find out from patients which other equipment was not available.
Complaints: The service users still need more guidance. Help desk to be more active in this regard as well as the Clinic Committee.
Administrative staff: Attitudes have improved, but this needs ongoing monitoring.
Waiting time: Reduced & queue management clearly evident.